Functional Safety Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting for a Functional Safety Engineer to support our UK projects within the Oil and Gas / Petrochemical industry.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required. This position can be either staff or contract.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Supports the Lead Engineer as required, but not limited to the following areas
- Development of the Safety Requirements Specification (SRS), Emergency Depressurization & blowdown specifications, SIL validation procedures and Fire & Gas specification are in accordance with project, Wood, national and international codes and standards including IEC61508/11
- Development of the Functional Safety Management Plan (FSMP) and project philosophy documents, where required to support functional safety
- Review of the Project P&IDs, Shutdown Hierarchy, Cause and Effect Matrices, SRS datasheets, instrumentation requirements, and related SPI data including Vendor documentation to ensure alignment with SRS General Requirements
- Supporting scope and change management
- Participate in CHAZOP workshops when required
- Participate in Alarm objectives Analysis (AOA), HMI graphic objectives Analysis (GOA), Operator Task Analysis (OTA) workshops when required
- Participate and coordinate in PHA, HAZOP/LOPA and SIL verification activities as required
- Participate and provide assistance during application FAT, SAT, commissioning, SIL validation and start up activities
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent demonstratable experience
- EPC/MAC plant operations experience in Process Engineering or Automation & Control Systems within the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore or infrastructure industries
- TUV FS Engineer certificate
- Experience in Brownfield upgrades / replacement automation and control projects
- Compressor Station / Metering experience is advantageous
- Inquisitive, well organised and have a keen eye for detail
- Able to operate in an integrated team environment and work on own initiative as required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.