Life Insurance Agent
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Insurance & Superannuation
We call our club's vision, mission, values, and supporting pillars "Our House" because they are the foundation for all that we do. We're working to transform AAA for the next century with a mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative spirit of our Team Members.
AAA NCNU is genuinely concerned about your safety and the health of all of our Team Members. As a result, should you be offered a position with our Club, you will be required to establish that you have been fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless you are able to establish a bona fide exemption from this requirement, or where prohibited by law.
At AAA, our Team Members strive to deliver amazing service and help our Members outsmart life's roadblocks. We believe everything you do outside of work adds to who you are at work. We're working to transform AAA for the next century with a mission to create Members for life by unleashing the innovative spirit of our Team Members.
- Maximizes life insurance market penetration with current members and property/casualty insureds and stays vigilant for new sales opportunities. Maintains high quality production and persistency standards to assure profitable growth. Identifies and develops sales opportunities within the community. Follows company approved sales process in the completion of required financial, activity and sales reporting.
- Provides life sales support and training on lead development and identification for the frontline employees, Insurance Sales Agents (P/C) and other staff who come in contact with members/ insureds. Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with front line employees, Sales Agents and the branch management team. Notifies Agents in a timely manner of result with referred lead. Provides leads from life insureds and other calls to Sales Agents for other products/services, i.e., membership, auto/homeowners and travel insurance.
- Stays well-informed of changes and developments in policy and/or external practices. Attends meetings to obtain information, provide input, keep lines of communication open, stay updated and offer sales ideas when appropriate. Keeps current in industry; maintains continuing education for licensure.
- Develops annual business plan with input and involvement from the Life Sales Manager to meet goals and determine responsibilities, including new business life sales, quality standards, as well as building outstanding customer relationships. Reviews plan objectives and reassesses strategies to align performance relative to annual sales goals.
- Ensures compliance with NCNU and AAA Life and regulations, as well as external regulations
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills needed to interact with staff, members and insureds effectively
- Ability to cultivate relationships with peers and staff; educates staff to make referrals to Life Insurance
- Computer skills in basic software applications, and navigating business applications specific to life insurance
- Demonstrated skills in selling life insurance and annuities; Skills to develop, track and effectively follow up on leads (preferred)
- Strong knowledge in sales techniques, life product line illustrations, features and benefits (preferred)
- Demonstrated skills in prospecting and lead generation abilities (preferred)
- Bilingual communication skills (preferred)
Education & Experience/Licenses & Certification
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Automobile Operator's License
- Active State Resident Life Insurance License
- Bachelor's degree in related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years experience in Life Insurance and/or Annuity Sales (preferred)
- CLU, ChFC and/or LUTCF Designations (preferred)
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, table or computer workstation for extended periods of time. May travel by car, plane or other form of transportation to attend business meetings or conferences. Approximately 50-80 percent of the time spent on the job involves the use of a personal computer.