Principal ESG / Sustainability Consultant
New York City, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
Have you spent time as an in-house ESG reporting manager and would now like to apply your knowledge and skills across a wider range of companies and industries? Or perhaps youre already a reporting consultant looking for a step-up or opportunity to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams of climate change, human rights and political risk specialists.
To support continued growth within our ESG Reporting and Strategy team we are seeking to appoint a Principal or Managing Consulting to lead and help deliver a range of high-profile projects for our clients, including ESG reporting, materiality assessment, rating agency engagement, strategy development and more.
The role will also very likely involve a degree of domestic and international travel for short periods of time (i.e. days rather than weeks).
ABOUT THE DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
* Engages with client reporting teams and senior management (for project planning, coordination, content development/review, etc.
* Ensures the effective delivery of reporting projects, including responsibility for budgets, schedules and resources)
* Develops concept, structure, key messaging and general content for reports
* Develops and delivers materiality assessments to inform report content
* Oversees collation, calculation and analysis of client sustainability data
* Perform gap analysis of the clients ESG disclosures versus key ESG frameworks, standards and ratings
* Conducts interviews with internal and external stakeholders to inform report content and/or materiality process
* Develops engaging infographic concepts and case studies in cooperation with the client
* Aligns reports to best-practice standards and frameworks, including but not limited to GRI,, VRF (IIRC and SASB), TCFD, ISSB, CSRD, EU Taxonomy and others
* Collaborates with third-party designers to develop design concepts, report layout, photo selection, etc.
* Liaises with designers / web teams / printers to support final, laid-out and report delivery
* Develops engaging thought leadership pieces on ESG / sustainability reporting
* Promotes Verisk Maplecroft and our reporting and disclosure capabilities to external audiences through conference presentations and panels, participation in industry roundtables, thought leadership, etc.
* Drives new business development, including the identification, pursuit, and closure of commercial opportunities, often working in close partnership with other Verisk businesses (e.g. Wood Mackenzie) and account management colleagues
* Responding to commercial opportunities, including leading qualification, scoping, proposal writing, and pitching
* Managing and deepening existing client relationships while also building new relationships
* Proactively identifying and promoting cross-sell opportunities, such as additional ESG advisory support and integration of Verisk Maplecrofts ESG+P solutions into client workflows
INNOVATION AND PARTNERSHIPS
* Coaching and mentoring peers and less experienced colleagues (both within project teams and across the wider business)
* Developing new innovative solutions to support clients reporting and disclosure needs, particularly with respect to the utilisation of emerging reporting tools and platforms
* Contributing and helping to drive new product ideas through Verisk Maplecrofts internal innovation investment process
* Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of global sustainability reporting practices, disclosure expectations and regulatory developments in order to provide clients with insights on how emerging reporting trends will affect their current and future reporting practices.
* Participating and contributing to industry initiatives and regulatory consultation forums designed to improve/harmonise/standardise corporate ESG practices.