Banking Contact Center Specialist
Austin Staffing, Inc
Austin, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
Austin Staffing, Inc. is now hiring Banking Contact Center Specialists for our banking client in North Austin. This is a direct-hire role and an exciting opportunity to work for an organization with great work culture, fantastic benefits, and rewarding work.
Under the direction of the Assistant Contact Center Manager, the Banking Contact Center Specialist is responsible for handling a variety of member service requests by telephone promptly and courteously. They are expected to provide outstanding service to members and seek out ways to deepen member relationships. They will uncover member needs and educate members about products and services. They will deliver the right solutions, including additional products and services, to meet members' financial needs and exceed their expectations.
1. Handles member questions, requests, and concerns by telephone promptly and professionally.
2. Maintains a sense of urgency without sacrificing the member experience. Takes ownership of interactions and strives for a one-call resolution.
3. Provides information to members on accounts, transactions, products, and services. Completes maintenance on accounts, debit cards, and online services.
4. Completes research and resolves discrepancies as needed. Forwards more complex issues or requests to Contact Center Support Specialists as appropriate.
5. Maintains a high level of accuracy with minimal errors or outages.
6. Relates to and connects with members to instill confidence and gain their trust. Creates a personalized experience.
7. Identifies members' initial needs and uncovers hidden needs by asking the right questions.
8. Offers the right solutions, including additional products and services, to ensure member satisfaction and financial success.
9. Adheres to Contact Center Identification (ID) Verification Guidelines to protect our members and the Credit Union.
10. Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions as required.
11. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum 1-3 years of recent customer service, call center, account resolution, or related experience required.
- Demonstrated experience processing detailed information accurately and thoroughly.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work with a wide variety of internal and external clients providing effective interpersonal communication and team skills.
- Understanding of MS Office Suite with intermediate technical and computer skills; ability to navigate quickly within various computer programs.
- 1-3 years of financial institution experience or related industry.
- Cross-selling or referral sales experience.
- Prior knowledge of call center operations.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting customer issues or concerns, researching answers, and connecting them to the proper resource.
- Experience utilizing smartphone and tablet applications.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner with members, co-workers, vendors, the general public, and people with various professional backgrounds.
- Ability to work collaboratively and supportively with management to achieve business objectives. Proactively identify process improvements.
- Ability to remain calm, patient, objective, and professional when presented with complex or uncertain situations. Effectively and professionally take control of conversations and manage conflict, researching issues and finding solutions, as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a fast-paced environment, under sometimes tight deadlines. Possess a well-developed sense of urgency and follow-through, exercise good judgment, and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and security with sensitive information.
- Familiarity with common financial and legal documents.
- Ability to travel to provide support, as needed.
Call Austin Staffing, Inc. today to set up an online interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $22.00 per hour